Arts are treasures at home. They can add great value to the interior and at the same time crafts are also used for small purposes at home. If you have the interest and skill to make crafts or canvas painting or photography then they can be great business opportunities for you. Below action plans would step forward to kick start this business for you:
1. Do a trial auction
If you already have a collection of your design or photograph it is a good idea to start with a trial auction. Someone from your friend list or colleague or neighbor may like to purchase it for their home or office.
2. Make a small display online or in your locality
You can display your product range on Facebook or on the Instagram page or on Pinterest or on your own website.
3. Ask for feedback
Based on the display of your products request feedback from people. While good feedbacks can motivate you, bad feedback can lead you towards perfection.
4. Maintain a diary for people’s feedback and order booking
If you have a database and record of your customers then it will help you to understand your customers and have useful interactions.
5. Make a range based on people’s interest and ratings
It is not necessary that people’s tastes can be the same as yours. Sometimes it is better to think commercially and make products as peoples would love to buy. Once you have feedbacks you can make collections based on their interest. This will also create bonding between you and your customers.
6. Plan a sale platform for your business:
- Sell in your locality – Selling in your locality on weekends can invite people to know your products and make purchases in their leisure time.
- Make your own website or social media page – Having your own website is the best thing for any business but you may need effort and patience to make it successful. On the other hand, social media page is easier and faster to reach people you already know.
- Contact shopkeepers – You may contact shopkeepers near your area or if possible across your city. Tying up with shopkeepers to sell your products in their shops can be a win-win situation for you as you do not need to make a big investment in renting a store.
- Put a stall at a nearby shopping mall – Some shopping malls allow to put shops near the entrances so putting a shop on weekends can be a good opportunity to reach many customers.
- Rent your own store – Renting a store should be the last thing to do after trying the above options since you would need a big investment for it and there could be a risk initially.
7. Expansion plan
To sell products to a bigger customer group it may not be possible to manage everything by yourself. You may need to prioritize below based on customers’ responses.
8. Build a team
Building a team and distributing work to manage the business is necessary to smoothly execute your plans.
9. Hire artists and support staff
Depending on demands you need to hire artists and supports staffs.
10. Registration and necessary documentation
Registering your business is very essential to run it legally and free from any hassles. GST registration and opening a current account would be a must once the transaction starts.
11. Maintain ledger
Maintaining a ledger of your account for purchases, payments, expenditures, and sales is an essential part of running a business. If required you may need to hire an accountant for this job.
Hope this article is helpful. You may read the article “https://lookahead.in/15-home-based-businesses-to-become-an-entrepreneur/” for more business opportunities. Please do share this article with your friends and colleagues. For further details or guidance, you can reach us. Please write your feedback in the below comment section and also sign up for more posts.