While many businesses were shut during the COVID-19 lockdown still there are essential items for which businesses remain open. Below is the list of businesses that have been running during the lockdown and will continue to run. This article may give you an idea if you have any plan to make a startup so find out 11 businesses in highest demand during COVID-19 Pandemic:
1. Medical Supplies
During the lockdown, medical supplies have been the most essential products. Medical staff in hospitals and the public have been relying on medical supplies to safeguard themselves from COVID-19 infection. Apart from medicines and medical equipment below is the list of products most in demand. In the article “https://lookahead.in/inventions-that-protect-us-from-covid-19-virus/” a list of products is described to counter COVID-19 infection.
- Hand washes – Most people would have experienced shortages of hand wash during the lockdown. This was mainly due to high demand, low productions, and less supply. The demand for this product brings opportunities for startups to venture into the production or supply of this product.
- Hand Sanitizer – Similar to hand wash this product has been high on demand. In fact, the consumption of hand wash is higher than hand wash as it’s convenient to use and can be carried everywhere.
- Face mask – The usage of face mask has created history for the first time as the whole world needs it. Since Jan 2020 mask shortages have been on rising. New inventions have emerged to counter COVID-19 infection in public places. In spite of many new startups, still, production and supply are lesser than demand. Mask production or supplying business can be a good business opportunity.
- Face shield – This is a completely new invention that is believed to reduce the risk of infection as it blocks droplets or contaminated air to directly get contacted to face. As awareness increases
- PPE Uniforms – PPE uniforms have been mainly believed essential item for medical staff. However, due to increased risk PPE can be useful for people to move around so that they can protect themselves from unidentified COVID-19 patients. Moreover, this being disposable item demand would be much higher than possible supplies with existing manufacturing companies.
Crops, vegetables, and fruits are products that everyone needs to survive. Production of these products can be made with minimum risk as farming doesn’t require people in mass as it does for manufacturing companies. This could be a very good opportunity for people to get into the farming business or expand existing ones.
Nursery in people’s locality or online nursery for seeds or plants selling can be exciting for many people as they would like to grow organic vegetables or fruits or herbs at their residents. One who has knowledge and interest in growing plants can make it their business option.
Dairy products like milk, curd, paneer, butter, cheese, ghee are daily needs for almost every family. Having own dairy farm or getting into the supply business could be a fast-moving and profitable business option.
Business for poultry products like eggs, chicken, and goat meat can be profitable if handled carefully. New companies like BigBasket, fresh home, Licious have emerged for home delivery based on online bookings.
6. Fish farming
Fish farming has believed to be one of the best farming businesses. Lots many varieties with high demands and higher prices can be grown. Seafood farming and selling in non-coastal areas can be interesting as it may have less competition. However, business owners must do a study of people’s interest in seafood before entering the market. A company like supremeseafood.in is already venturing into this business.
7. Packaged foods
Ready-to-cook foods and ready-made packaged foods both due to their convenience are high in demand. During lockdown usage of these products increased drastically. People preferred biscuits, chips, and other snacks to cooking multiple times. Production or supply of these products could be a good business option for many people.
8. Ayurvedic products
The demand for ayurvedic products has increased ever since the “Immunity” word was pronounced by the Health Ministry and Ayush Ministry. Everybody wants to be stronger to beat the virus infection. Selling ayurvedic products online or through a franchise retail store could be a good business opportunity.
The sale of electronics products and home appliances is expected to go higher in the coming days as the government has given relaxation to sell these items through eCommerce websites. The need for home appliances has increased as many service industries like saloons are still kept shut. Selling niche products online could be a great idea to capture a bigger market.
Selling products like groceries, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, poultry products, ayurvedic products, electronics, apparel, makeup items could ease the business to reach its end customers.
11. Delivery Services
Since many shops are instructed to remain shut during lockdown online selling and door delivery is the best option to let the wheels rolling. One needs to tie up with these small businesses and provide the delivery solution to their business that could be the most practical business solution.
In the article, “https://lookahead.in/most-affected-businesses-due-to-covid-19-and-counter-plans/” you may get an idea of your existing business from the lists mentioned. If you are looking to start or planning to diversify your existing business this article may have given you clarity. Hope you can start it soon. Please write your honest feedback in the below comment section.