7 Amazing future technologies of building construction today will surprise you. The construction industry faces major problems today as day by day construction space is decreasing. With the increasing population, technology up-gradation meeting limitations is the biggest challenge.
If you wondered to see a shape-changing building or color-changing or 3D video display on walls its all possible today through new technologies. Below technologies will be crucial for the future of building constructions and urban civilizations.
1. Prefabricated Building
Did you ever dream of your dream home project being finished in a day or two? Yes, present technologies like prefabricated building can make your dream possible today. As we all know building construction has always been a lengthy process. However, prefabricated construction is the most convenient way of assembling a variety of components like walls, blocks, doors, windows, roof, stairs, kitchen, and washroom setups of a building at a required Jobsite.
Apart from the time and cost-saving the biggest advantage with this is you can have a moveable house. So, if you wanted to take your home to a holiday destination where there is no restriction to park your house you can make your holidays an outstanding experience. Moreover, temporary offices or factories, or warehouses can be constructed rapidly.
This is one of the sustainable technologies moving forward among 7 future technologies of building construction.
2. Cementless Construction
Well, in cementless construction there are many technologies including prefabricated construction technology. However hollow blocks and bricks require very less cement or can be constructed without cement. Another advantage of this technology is, building construction can be constructed with lesser time and sustainable utilization of resources.
Solid blocks are generally used to fabricate load-bearing walls because of their thickness and compressive strength. Hollow blocks are used as outer or inner walls in high-rise buildings to reduce the overall dead load of the building.
3. Shape-Changing Building
It is also known as a flexible building. The word flexibility has been explained in terms of building quality construction as well as flexibility in structural mechanics. Multipurpose adaptability is the main reason for this type of construction. In urban areas where space is the main constrain shape-changing building structures can be used to solve more than one purpose.
Although there are limitations and challenges this type of buildings has the capacity to undergo modifications and accept changes of function with limited structural interventions. At present, about 40% of work is possible while shifting the shape of the building. Imagine when the whole new city is built with 100% shape-changing construction. Who knows the technology will present this gift in the future.
4. 3D Printed House
You must have heard about 3D printed objects, garments, and even human organs but research towards making 3D printed houses will bring a great revolution in the real estate industry. The main advantages of this method of construction are time-saving, minimum wastage, low cost, and innovative designs.
India-based IIT Madras has made what it says is India’s first 3D-printed house. The team printed the structure using a specialty concrete that it had developed to print large-scale 3D structures in short periods.
The mixture is based on ordinary portland cement, which has a lower water-cement ratio. Though concrete is the primary material typically used in construction projects, it cannot be recycled and requires a lot of energy to mix and transport. However, the team’s effort to use technology to print the house using ordinary portland cement is the future technology of building construction.
5. (Business Information Modeling) BIM
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that gives architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) professionals the insight and tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct and manage buildings and infrastructure.
BIM isn’t only a bunch of programming or just a 3D model. It contains the model components as well as the immense measures of data that make up the task, just as the way toward trading that data with different gatherings included.
6. Augmented Reality
Augmented reality in construction makes it possible to combine virtual architectural designs with the physical reality of a job site. This is an amazing technology that increases accuracy and efficiency by reducing errors related to managing time, money, and resources.
Augmented reality overlays computer-generated visual onto camera-captured visuals, so it appears in the exact location in the real world. As the camera streams real-world visuals, the computer displays the graphics algorithm that shows what the work is going to look like. 3D modeling in augmented reality is integrated with BIM which again simplifies the planning. Shopping malls and retailers are opting for Augmented Reality for displays and advertising on building elevations.
7. Sustainable Building Construction
Growing infrastructures in the urban and rural areas lead to more and more building constructions. Pollution, resource, and energy utilization are the biggest challenge as the construction industry grows. On the other hand, sustainable technology can bring harmony in ecological imbalance due to the construction industry.
There are many innovations today which people are adopting for building constructions. Below are the top 5 lists of sustainable building construction technology:
- Green Building – Green buildings represent both construction and the use of cycles that are ecologically dependable and asset proficient all through a structure’s life-cycle. This means buildings have natural environment trees are planted and they are also built with green energy that maintain ecological balance.
- Recycled Material Blocks – Knowingly or unknowingly we produce huge amount of wastages. The most of these wastages are of no use and leads to landfill or are burnt. However, it is possible to utilize these wastages by recycling for making tough block for building constructions. We can avoid pollution and utilize the waste materials without using additional resource.
- Self Powered Buildings – These are mostly suitable for small building construction. self-powered building is a promising way that each building can produce its own energy without the need for an external source. In this way, buildings can be considered as autonomous and self-sufficient units without a need to build or invest in transmission and distribution infrastructures.
- IoT Integrated Control Systems – Using the latest technologies for smart building management, Buildings IOT brings systems – like HVAC, lighting, plumbing and access control – and networks together to share data, improve operations and create smarter, healthier buildings
- Water Efficient Buildings – A rainwater harvesting system works by collecting the rain from roof gutters, filtering it and storing the water in a tank. Rainwater harvesting is gaining popularity leading to eco-conservation. Most of the commercial buildings use a significant amount of water and energy in their daily operations. This is one of the most popular technology among 7 Amazing future technologies of building construction.
Hopefully above 7 future technologies of building construction can be helpful to you for planning your dream home or construction business. We would love to see your feedback and suggestions in the below comment section.